6 months on Propranolol -- before and after - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 01-03-2012, 03:11 AM

Default 6 months on Propranolol -- before and after

I have been coming to this site for over 6 months -- mostly lurking to find information and see what has worked for others. My DDs H appeared when she was 5 weeks old.. looked like a scratch under her eye.. quickly became almost as large as a kidney bean. A pediatric opthamologist confirmed it was beginning to effect her eyesight.. from there we met w/ a ped dermatologist who works w/ a ped cardiologist and on july 1 we started her on propranolol.

It has been 6 months and if you didn't know she had an H under her eye you never would. Propranolol worked wonders for her. I know when i was just starting out on my journey the one thing i wanted to see was before and after pictures to see the difference so i wanted to post this in hopes it helps comfort someone in their decision!!!

She is 9 months now and we are going back to the ped dermatologist at the en of the month to talk about slowly weaning her off the medication!

Here she is the day she started propranolol
and a picture taken in the last 2 weeks.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...4u14me/eye.jpg
Old 01-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Oh!! She is sooo gorgeous!

You're right ... parents want to see before and after photos, especially of treatments that are considered new. Thank you so much for coming to post these to help others! You're awesome!

Missy
Old 01-03-2012, 09:16 PM

Wow!!! That is so great!! I'm hoping we get my daughter started on it this week, and that is certainly encouraging! Thank you! Your daughter is gorgeous, and I love that first pic especially because she is so chubby. Babies with those rolls are the absolute cutest!

Thank you for sharing- I am optimistic we will have similar results (fingers crossed).
Old 01-04-2012, 02:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilymathews2004 View Post
Babies with those rolls are the absolute cutest!
Yeah, see, I've been wondering why I can't rock that look. Now I know the truth ... the rolls are only for the babies.

LOL

Missy
Old 03-26-2012, 11:58 AM

Wink Thanks

My 4 month old daughter has a vascular birthmark on her head. I am going on Friday to see a paed surgeon who has suggested propranolol. I feel relieved that I can see it has helped someone already and feel positive about getting my daugters one gone.

You have a gorgeous little girl, enjoy every minute of her.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:29 AM

Hi, Thankyou so much for sharing your story. My daughter is 4 months and has now been on propranalol for 12 days now. My husband and i have been really worried about this medication..... but with success stories like yours, gives me alot of hope.

Your little girl is just beautiful
Old 03-28-2012, 06:29 PM

Thanks for the before and after photos ! These are really important, they give me hope !
Old 03-29-2012, 02:00 AM

Her eyes are beautiful! Wow! That is quite an amazing difference from the propanalol. Thank you for sharing!
Shannon
Old 04-27-2012, 08:44 PM

Those results are amazing!What a cute little girl! Did your daughter have many side effects? Mine is 6 months and her dr. wants to get her on propanolol too. Here are her pics
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
Old 04-30-2012, 12:28 AM

THANKS! She did not have any side effects--- cold hands every so often but that was it. She has never been a good sleeper ... At almost 13 months has yet to sleep thru the night... But she has been off the propranolol since march 27th ... So I can't blame the no sleep on the propranolol!!! She has had no re-growth.we go to see her dermatologist and cardiologist this week for our final follow ups!