Hemangioma Headaches? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 01-29-2013, 01:42 AM

Default Hemangioma Headaches?

Hi guys,
I'm a 28yo female and I have a strawberry birthmark above my left eyebrow. It's roughly the size of my thumbs fingernail, fairly raised, some days more than others. And it's even a brighter red on certain days too. Iv never had any problems with it. Lately however Iv been stressed out a bit with work etc. and Iv noticed il get a sudden sharp headache which seems to be coming from where my birthmark is.
Is it possible that it's causing my headache? Iv never been a headachey kinda person, which is why it's been noticeable. Should I be worried?
Old 01-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Hi and welcome,

More than likely, what you have is not technically a hemangioma. That is the term for a birthmark that goes away by the time puberty is reached (usually earlier). However, back then, doctors called all vascular type birthmarks "hemangioma."

I think you might have an AVM or arteriovenous malformation or some other sort of vascular malformation. I'm telling you this so that when you do your research, you'll look under different terms and maybe find more information.

Because these are vascular, it could very well be causing pain, especially if you are under more stress.

Do you have a physician you can see about this?

Missy
Old 01-29-2013, 08:19 PM

Hi! I was going to second what Missy said. Good luck finding some answers. I hope you feel better!
Shannon
Old 04-09-2013, 04:52 AM

Sorry that you have this condition. Even more sorry that medications haven't worked, but time will and as the blood is reabsorbed, the pain will resolve.