Concealing a raised PWS on "aging" skin - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 10-16-2012, 05:26 PM

Default Concealing a raised PWS on "aging" skin

Hi! I'm an almost 43 yr old female with a large PWS on the right side of my face. I had several laser treatments about 6 yrs ago, but they didn't do much. I'm still waiting for the "miracle" treatment to come along! I've been covering my birthmark since I was 13 and believe me, I've tried almost every product. My birthmark is raised and I suffer from itchy, dry, flaky patches that used to respond to steroids, but stopped years ago. Any recommendations for a concealer that won't cake and doesn't draw so much attention?
Old 01-20-2013, 02:50 PM

Have you tried Dermablend? You can layer Aquaphor under it to help with it blending on to dry skin. This line has a few different products depending on how much coverage you want. The thickest formula actually covers tattoos.

Good luck.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:18 AM

I'm 30 and just had to change my makeup to a "stronger" covering. Really the old makeup wasn't doing the job anymore. Plus my face had been becoming super dry. As soon as I come home from work, I clean my face with a product called Meaningful Beauty. My face feels so much better after I put it on. Anyways I do that again in the morning but then I continue makeup from Merle Norman. I have only worn this kind of makeup but the came out with new stuff and I love it. I don't know if it will help with the bumps but it totally covers up everything! I'm a teacher and the kids don't even know I have a birthmark. It is a process but here it goes... I start with a full layer covering every bit of color with Lasting Foundation (creamy beige to make my regular skin color), then I dab on Sheer Defense Tinted Moisturizer (L20 skin color) to give my skin more depth, 3rd step to my base is Ultra Powder Foundation (Ultra Golden) I brush it on in a circular motion around my whole face to have a finished look. After that you just put your make up on just a usual. I hope this helps. If not I'm sorry. =( I always work hard with my makeup because I work with kids and they are HORRIBLE if I don't wear makeup. Best of Luck