2018 Day of Awareness Events
VBF Anti-Bullying Pledge
Over 1,050 people have signed the VBF Anti-Bullying Pledge. Take 1 minute to stand with us against bullying. Sign the pledge today.
- Amanda Leger wins Buddy Booby’s Birthmark FREE book give away and sends adorable photo of a Read Along with her daughter and husband.
- Linda hosts a Facebook Live session with VBF Expert Dr. Stuart Nelson on the topic of To Treat or Not to Treat on May 21, 2018.
- Laura and Devin Fischer host classroom awareness event at St. Paul’s Early Childhood Development Center in Orange, CA to honor their son Caleb with a Buddy Booby’s Birthmark read along, goodie bags with informational materials, and bracelets for all the children.
- Dr. Linda hosts a Facebook Live session with VBF Expert Dr. Stuart Nelson on the topic of To Treat or Not to Treat on January 11, 2018.
- Ben and Alison Maddox created and shared a Give2myVBF page for their son Carson to celebrate his 6th birthday.
- Kelly & Trent Bossley celebrate Day of Awareness by reading “Buddy Booby’s Birthmark” and handing out VBF stickers to their son Nolan and daughter Lydia’s preschool class in honor of Lydia who has a PWS.
- Kelly Bossley shares a Buddy Booby’s Birthmark Read-Along photo at her daughter’s preschool.
- Michelle Lukaschewski with the Purple Polka Dot Team registers #TeamVBF for the Colfax Marathon in Denver, Colorado on May 19-20, 2018.
- VBF Board member Sharon Israel hosts Park Lane Jewelry fundraiser for VBF’s Month of Awareness in honor of her daughter Olivia who VBF helped network into treatment.
- Eric Pixley spills his heart out in viral facebook video thanking his parents for supporing his journey living with a port wine stain birthmark.
- VBF’s Global Ambassador, Eric Pixley, raps about his birthmark, encouraging others to #PutOnYourBirthmark on May 15 for VBF’s Day of Awareness.
- The Sheehan Family is hosting a Bravelets (Be Brave bracelets) online fundraiser in honor of their daughter Reagan. Purchase today and Bravelets will donate 25% to VBF in Reagan’s honor.
- Lauren Sheehan hosts a Facebook Fundraiser for VBF in honor of her daughter Reagan.
- VBF Board Member Jeff Bergen partners with teachers in Maine to sponsor a 1st grade classroom awareness campaign in honor of a little girl with KTS, donating informational materials, stickers, bracelets, and 80 Buddy Booby’s Birthmark books for each child in the class.
- Jody Lee and the Purple Polka Dot Race Team SOLD OUT the AR Workshop, where three people shared their birthmark stories while their group of 40 worked on projects, all while raising $628 for VBF through the AR Workshop’s gift and a raffle.
- Save the date for the Lee Family’s 3rd Annual Purple Polka Dot Walk/Run on August 12, 2018 in Stony Creek Eastwood Beach
- The Lee Family & Purple Polka Dot Team hosts 23 people at Yoga & Brunch on May 19 in Michigan and donates $761 to VBF’s mission.
- Aubrey Meister wins a FREE Buddy Booby Book on Facebook during our March Madness: Mad About Buddy Booby Campaign, and gets her state on the map.
- Crowned Mystic Mermaid of central New Jersey, Allison raises awareness for VBF through a Buddy Booby live read-along on Facebook.
- Dr. Linda hosts a Facebook Live session with VBF Expert Dr. Roy Geronemus and VBF Global Ambassador Scott Cupples on the topic Importance of Early Treatment of Vascular Birthmarks on March 16, 2018
- Dr. Linda hosts a Facebook Live session with VBF Expert Dr. Milton Waner on the topic Treating Hemangiomas and Vascular Malformations on February 27, 2018.
- Dr. Linda hosts a Facebook Live session with VBF Psychosocial Expert: Leslie Graff on the topic Psychosocial impact of a vascular birthmark on January 25, 2018.
- Save the date for the Catalanotto Foundation’s 8th Annual Golf Outing on August 6th 2018 at the Old Westbury Country Club.
- VBF Physician Expert Dr. Gregory Levitin shares adorable photo reading the Buddy Booby’s Birthmark Book to his daughter Cora.
- Linda’s Sponsor a Family Facebook Fundraiser reaches its goal of raising $1,500 to sponsor three families to attend the NYC Conference.
- Mother and daughter team Cindy & Bailie Heston set to deliver informational materials to 18 local physicians, as they raise awareness in the Oklahoma area.
- 2017 VBF Catalanotto Perseverance Scholarship Award Recipient Harrison Wile pays it forward with a college informational booth and bake sale fundraiser for VBF at Clemson University in South Carolina.
- Dr. Linda, VBF Board Chair Sherry Parrish and the VBF on the Move Team meet with three birthmark families in Texas.
- Mother wins first-ever Buddy Booby March Madness Give Away on Facebook and gets Washington State on the map.
- Lenka Gotart shares photos for May 15 Day of Awareness.
- Gabriella Castellanos continues the #Biking4Alonso tradition in honor of her son with a PWS with two ride-along events at spin studios on May 5 in Polanco and May 17 in Arcos Bosques, and a Give2MyVBF page so that people all over the world can ride along virtually. Gaby also hosts a Facebook Live make-up tutorial to promote #PutOnYourBirthmark day.
- Dawn McKay of the UK raises awareness with an informational event at her daughter’s school.
March Madness: Mad About Buddy Booby’s Birthmark
- Batool Kausha and Brig. R.K.Kaushal, a veteran from the Indian Army, distribute 100 VBF brochures and work with a panel of 12 doctors at a Vascular Birthmarks Awareness program in a medical camp in Bhopal city, capital of the state of Madhya Pradesh in Central India.
- During our March Madness tournament, VBF shared Buddy Booby’s Birthmark, the story of VBF’s official mascot with a port wine stain, with families in the following states: AL, AZ, CO, DE, KY, MN, MO, NY, NK, PA, TN, TX, and WA, and even two countries: Canada and Australia! You can still get your state on the map today.
Dr. Linda & Moses Rockin’ the Dots in a custom Awareness Through Education T-Shirt.
Dr. Linda and Dr. Ana Duarte at the Vascular Birthmarks Conference in Miami.
The Catalanotto Family shares their #PutOnYourBirthmark photo.
Mystic Mermaid of central New Jersey, Allison, raises awareness for VBF through a Buddy Booby live read-along on Facebook.
Batool Kausha raises awareness at a medical camp in Bhopal city, capital of the state of Madhya Pradesh in Central India.
Dr. Levitin reads Buddy Booby Birthmark to his daughter Cora.
Eric Pixley of PortWineProud shares adorable #POYB photo.
Dr. Duarte and her team inspire 200 hearts at the Children’s Skin Center at the Nicklaus Children’s Hospital.
Laura and Devin Fischer hand out goodie bags and Read Buddy Booby’s Birthmark while hosting a classroom awareness event to honor their son Caleb.