Ways to Raise Funds and Awareness for VBF
SPONSOR A FAMILY
Each year, VBF organizes a Conference and Clinic where families learn about the latest developments in the treatment of vascular birthmarks, and meet with our teams of medical experts in special clinical sessions. Families in financial need can have the conference fee waived and receive a free night of lodging. Many of our families rely on sponsorships to attend the conference so that they can get the information they need from the experts who know.
We suggest a goal of $500 to sponsor one family to attend our Conference & Clinic. Any money you raise may be used toward that goal. If you raise more than $500 it will go toward sponsoring a second family, and so on, until all families are accommodated.
AT THE WORKPLACE
• Ask for a Matching Gift to VBF. You can make your donation to VBF double in value. Many companies will match your donation. Some companies will even reimburse you for your volunteer work with eligible organizations. Contact your human resources department or click here to learn more.
• Plan a Sticker Day. Ask each co-worker to wear a VBF International Day of Awareness Sticker in exchange for a donation to VBF or to just raise awareness. Stickers are provided free of charge.
• Initiate a Dress Down Day to make a Difference. Each employee can dress in casual clothes in exchange for a donation to VBF.
• Raise funds with a VBF Donation Box. Leave a donation box in the office for a month. Donation boxes are provided free of charge.
• Use a United Way Pledge Card. Designate VBF in your company's campaign: Tax ID # 16-1515227.
• Solicit for Corporate Sponsorship. Ask your company to sponsor your event, or make a direct donation to VBF. Sponsorship materials are provided free of charge.
• Host a #PutOnYourBirthmark Office Party. Host a party and post a photo of your office family on May 15th for VBF's Ask/Accept 'Put On Your Birthmark' campaign.
FOR CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
• Share VBF Gifts. Get VBF awareness bracelets, calendars, or Buddy Booby's Birthmark books as your free gift to thank you for your donation to VBF. Share these materials to help get the word out about our movement.
• Host a Read-Along. Read the Buddy Booby's Birthmark book in a classroom or library. Visit Buddy Booby's Birthmark for details about the Read Along program.
• Host a Birthday Party. Plan a VBF Birthday Party where birthday gifts are donated to VBF.
• Raise Money at Local Restaurants. Many restaurants, like CPK, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Chipotle, will donate a portion of their sales to charity. Raise awareness while dining with your friends and family! Find out which restaurants in your area participate by using the interactive map on the website GroupRaise.com. You can even book the restaurant directly from their website.
• Organize Pennies for a Purpose Drive. Ask classes to compete to see who collects the most coins for VBF. You can even take the Pennies with a Purpose Challenge: Get 50 friends to collect one cup of pennies, about $3. Pool everyone’s pennies and you will have $150 to donate to VBF.
• Create a Lemonade Stand, Car Wash, Bake Sale or Yard Sale. Teach kids that any effort to raise funds and awareness for VBF makes a difference.
• Give to VBF by shopping at Amazon! AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice. Every item available for purchase on Amazon is also available on AmazonSmile at the same price. You will see eligible products marked "Eligible for AmazonSmile donation" on their product detail pages. Make sure to designate VBF as your charity of choice and share with your friends.
• Create a Give2myVBF Personal Fundraiser Page. Use our easy link to create & personalize a Give2myVBF personal fundraising page on our website and send the link to all your friends, family, and contacts to help raise funds for our awareness mission.
• Create a Virtual Facebook Fundraiser. Start a Facebook Fundraiser for VBF in less than 5 minutes with just a few clicks to support your Give2MyVBF Page. Ask your family and friends to honor you or someone you love with a vascular birthmark by making a gift to VBF directly through Facebook. Even a $5 gift makes a difference!
• Organize a Run, Walk, Bike, or Golf event. Host a Golf Tournament or 5K Walk/Run, or even run a marathon or participate in another sporting contest for VBF. You can even host a virtual Walk/Run all from home. Contact us today to get started.
• Purchase Flowers. Make purchases through our special link birthmark.flowerpetal.com that donates 15% of purchases directly to VBF.
• Send a Day of Awareness Post Card. Use our Day of Awareness post card free of charge to send an appeal via US mail or write your own personal appeal letter.
• Distribute our VBF Fact Sheet. Get the latest information out to your local pediatricians and dermatologists by sending a fact sheet.
• Get the word out about our Conference. Give local physicians information about the VBF Annual Conference and Clinic held in October.
• Donate Proceeds from a Virtual or Home Sales Party. Home sales companies such as Lularue, Pampered Chef, Avon, and other jewelry, make-up, and candle sales agencies may donate a portion of sales to charity. It’s also a great way to network for your own home sales business, all while giving back.
• Organize a Basket Raffle. At the next event by your religious affiliation, civic club, or community group, organize a basket raffle with proceeds going to VBF.
• Holiday Card Appeal. Include an appeal to donate to VBF in your holiday card mailing
• Host a Paint Night. Painting with a Twist has a location or two in most cities in the US. Each month, they have a night called "Painting with a Purpose" where they will donate a portion of the registration cost to a charity. Other local “Paint & Sip” establishments may also offer similar services. So easy & so much fun! Check out https://www.paintingwithatwist.com
• Host another Social Event. You can host any kind of event, such as a speaker, dinner party, or gala in honor of VBF or an individual. Contact us today to get started.
GET MEDIA COVERAGE
• Post the VBF Day of Awareness logo on social media. Help us spread awareness by posting our Awareness Logo to your social media account and tagging us.
• Publish a Birthmark Story. Tell your birthmark story to a national or local newspaper. Even online forums will publish your story.
• #PutOnYourBirthmark in May. Post a photo of you or a loved one wearing a birthmark on May 15th for VBF's Ask/Accept 'Put On Your Birthmark' Anti-Bullying campaign.
• Get your Town Involved. Request that your town government issue a proclamation for VBF Day of Awareness on May 15th.
• Write a Letter to the Editor of your Newspaper. Express the importance of insurance companies providing coverage for the treatment of vascular birthmarks, or other issues of importance to our community.
• Advertise VBF Scholarships. Help us get the word out our VBF Scholarship Program offers scholarships o students living with a vascular birthmark.
Don’t forget to post a photo of your efforts to social media & tag VBF. We love to hear how you are joining the movement to raise awareness and make a difference.
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VascularBirthmarksFoundation
• Instagram: @VBirthmarks
• Twitter: @VBirthmarks