Ways to Raise Funds and Awareness for VBF
Sponsor a Family
Each year, VBF organizes a conference and clinic where families learn about the latest developments in the treatment of vascular birthmarks, and then have a clinic appointment with a team of medical experts. Families in financial need can have the conference fee waived and receive a free night of lodging. We suggest a goal of $500 which will sponsor one family to attend our conference. Any money you raise may be used toward that goal. If you raise more than $500 it will go toward sponsoring a second family, and so on.
At a Workplace
- Sticker Day. Ask each co-worker to wear a VBF International Day of Awareness Sticker in exchange for a donation to VBF or to just raise awareness. Stickers are provided free of charge.
- Initiate a Dress Down to make a Difference. Each employee can dress in casual clothes in exchange for a donation to VBF. Stickers are provided free of charge.
- Solicit for Corporate Sponsorship. Ask your company to sponsor your event, or make a direct donation. Sponsorship materials are provided free of charge.
- Ask that this year’s company charitable collection is designated and/or matched for VBF.
- Leave a VBF Donation Box in the office for a month.
- Use a United Way pledge card to designate VBF in your company’s campaign. Tax ID # 16-1515227.
- Purchase flowers through our special link birthmark.flowerpetal.com that donates 15% of purchases directly to VBF.
With Children and Families
- Collect orders for VBF awareness bracelets, charms, or Buddy Booby’s Birthmark books. We’ll provide order forms and ship to you for free.
- Read the Buddy Booby’s Birthmark book in a classroom or library. Visit Buddy Booby's Birthmark for details about the Read Along.
- A VBF Birthday Party where birthday gifts are donated to VBF.
- Host a VBF Fundraiser Night at a restaurant that will donate a percentage of that night’s sales. Popular restaurants include Panera, Friendly’s, Subway, and Chipotle.
- Organize Pennies for a Purpose Drive and ask classes to compete to see who collects the most coins.
- Have a Lemonade Stand, Car Wash, Bake Sale or Yard Sale to raise funds and awareness.
Get Media Coverage
- Post the VBF Day of Awareness logo on social media
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VascularBirthmarksFoundation Instagram: @VBirthmarks Twitter: @VBirthmarks
- Publish your or your loved one’s birthmark story in the local newspaper.
- Post a photo of you or a loved one wearing a birthmark on May 15th for VBF’s Ask/Accept ‘Put On Your Birthmark’ Anti-Bullying campaign.
- Request that your town government issue a proclamation for VBF Day of Awareness on May 15th.
- Write a Letter to the Editor expressing the importance of insurance companies to provide coverage for the treatments of vascular birthmarks.
- Advertise that VBF offers college scholarships to students living with a vascular birthmark.
- Create a Give2myVBF personal fundraiser page. Use our easy link to personalize a page on our website and send the link to all your friends, family, and contacts.
- Use our Day of Awareness post card free of charge to send an appeal via US mail or write your own personal appeal letter.
- Host a social event such as a speaker, dinner party, or gala in honor of VBF or an individual.
- Distribute VBF Information Pamphlet to your local pediatricians and dermatologists.
- Give local physicians information about the VBF Annual Conference and Clinic held in October.
- Donate proceeds from a home sales party such as Pampered Chef, Avon, jewelry or candle party.
- Organize a basket raffle at the next event by your religious affiliation, civic club, or community group.
- Include an appeal to donate to VBF in your holiday card mailing.
- Take part in a marathon and represent VBF.
- Host a Golf Tournament or 5K Walk/Run.