2018 Day of Awareness Events
VBF Anti-Bullying Pledge
Over 300 people have signed the VBF Anti-Bullying Pledge. Take 1 minute to stand with us against bullying. Sign the pledge today.
- Amanda Leger wins Buddy Booby’s Birthmark FREE book give away and sends adorable photo of a Read Along with her daughter and husband.
- Dr. Linda hosts a Facebook Live session with VBF Expert Dr. Stuart Nelson on the topic of To Treat or Not to Treat on January 11, 2018.
- Kelly Bossley shares a Buddy Booby’s Birthmark Read-Along photo at her daughter’s preschool.
- Michelle Lukaschewski with the Purple Polka Dot Team registers #TeamVBF for the Colfax Marathon in Denver, Colorado on May 19-20, 2018.
- Eric Pixley spills his heart out in viral facebook video thanking his parents for supporing his journey living with a port wine stain birthmark.
- VBF Board Member Sarah Kenis asks for donations to VBF through Sarah's Facebook Fundraiser for VBF.
- Dr. Linda represents VBF at the Vascular Birthmarks Meeting: Trends & Innovations – at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital in Miami, Florida.
- The Sheehan Family is hosting a Bravelets (Be Brave bracelets) online fundraiser in honor of their daughter Reagan. Purchase today and Bravelets will donate 25% to VBF in Reagan’s honor.
- Jody Lee and the Purple Polka Dot Race Team SOLD OUT the AR Workshop, where three people shared their birthmark stories while their group of 40 worked on projects, all while raising $628 for VBF through the AR Workshop's gift and a raffle.
- Save the date for the Lee Family's 3rd Annual Purple Polka Dot Walk/Run on August 12, 2018 in Stony Creek Eastwood Beach
- The Lee Family & Purple Polka Dot Team is hosting a Yoga & Brunch on May 12 in Michigan with proceeds going to VBF.
- Aubrey Meister wins a FREE Buddy Booby Book on Facebook during our March Madness: Mad About Buddy Booby Campaign, and gets her state on the map.
- Dr. Linda hosts a Facebook Live session with VBF Expert Dr. Roy Geronemus and VBF Global Ambassador Scott Cupples on the Importance of Early Treatment of Vascular Birthmarks on March 16, 2018
- Dr. Linda hosts a Facebook Live session with VBF Expert Dr. Milton Waner on the Treating Hemangiomas and Vascular Malformations on February 27, 2018.
- Dr. Linda hosts a Facebook Live session with VBF Psychosocial Expert: Leslie Graff on the Psychosocial impact of a vascular birthmark on January 25, 2018.
- Save the date for the Catalanotto Foundation's 8th Annual Golf Outing on August 6th 2018 at the Old Westbury Country Club.
- Mother and daughter team Cindy & Bailie Heston set to deliver informational materials to 18 local physicians, as they raise awareness in the Oklahoma area.
- Dr. Linda, VBF Board Chair Sherry Parrish and the VBF on the Move Team meet with three birthmark families in Texas.
- Mother wins first-ever Buddy Booby March Madness Give Away on Facebook and gets Washington State on the map.
March Madness: Mad About Buddy Booby’s Birthmark
- During our March Madness tournament, VBF shared Buddy Booby’s Birthmark, the story of VBF’s official mascot with a port wine stain, with families in the following states: AL, AZ, CO, DE, KY, MN, MO, NY, NK, PA, TN, TX, and WA, and even two countries: Canada and Australia! You can still get your state on the map today.