Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum

Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum (
-   General Resources (
-   -   Help Please (

avarish 12-24-2005 11:16 PM

Help Please
I am 30 years old man having a brown mark starting from my lower wrist and going up to my shoulder of right arm its about 3 feet having hairs on some spots, now i am in love with a girl and we are trying to figure out if it can be removed or not i am not concern about removing it but i want to know if it will come to my kids to or not coz i don't want any one else (including my kids ) in this world to suffer like i did :( so please let me know if its a contiguous deices or it will just stay with me and will not come to my kids so i can decide to marry or never marry in my life please please help me in this issue my all life is depending on this decision. waiting for your reply. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

hankbartenbach 12-25-2005 12:41 AM

Re: Help Please
Hi avarish,

I am 23 with facial PWS (Port Wine Stain birthmark). From what you discribed it sounds like you have PWS. To find out exactly you would have to consult with a Dermatologist in your area. Under resource section at the top you can find a doctor in your area.

As of now what doctors can tell PWS is not gentic. I know a lot of people (guys ang gals) that have several children and only one person (girl) I know has multi children that have some form of a birthmark. I think you are safe on this. Most birth defects in general in think come from the females chromasomes. (Not including birthmarks)

If you would like to see some pictures of my PWS (which is a different color then yours) you can go to my website

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please ask we are here for you. Others should chime in after the holiday.

Have a very marry Christmas.


nickbar 12-27-2005 10:18 PM

Re: Help Please
Hello, I am not sure if this is a PWS. But, I would not worry about passing it on to your children. It would be a very good idea to see a specialists. A Derm. to determine what type of birthmark you have. Dr. Mihm in Boston also treats birthmarks that are Mongolin spots/hairy nevus. Something might be available to help you and your questions about passing it to your own children could be answered better by a specialist. Dr. Mihm's information can be found under the physician's list. Also, use this resource to find a specialist in your area.

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.