Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum

Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum (
-   AVM Help and Resources (
-   -   Avm Hand-expert (

stav 07-26-2010 09:14 PM

Avm Hand-expert
Hello, I have an arteriovenous malformation of my hand for many years ago but after 3 pregnancies it became larger and cause me pain do to the palpatation and it is difficult for me to write.
Do you know any good doctor, and a method to treat (embolization or surgery)
Thanks for your support.

missy 07-27-2010 02:30 PM

Where are you located? The method of treatment depends on many factors. Have you been able to see a local doctor about it at all?

Also, write to one of our experts:


Scott C. 07-30-2010 07:36 PM

Hi and Good Afternoon;

I have had personal experiance with:
1/ Dr. Robert White, Radiologist at Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven Ct.

2/ Dr. Joseph Upton, Chestnut Hill Mass. I have had hand surgeons tell me he is "The Guru" on peripheral fast-flow A.V.M.s He is part of the Vascular Anomolies Clinic at Boston's Childrens Hospital and also is associated with Beth Isreal in Boston. You will see his name mentioned over and over again when "A.V.M." is searched.
See him, thats my personal opinion. You probably won't have to wait more than 4 weeks for an appointment.

Best wish's!

Scott in Vermont

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.