Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum

Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum (
-   AVM Help and Resources (
-   -   Another Dr. Levitin Success Story - Left Hand VM Procedure (

ericinfo 07-22-2011 10:03 PM

Another Dr. Levitin Success Story - Left Hand VM Procedure
I found Dr. Levitin here, so thank you wonderful people for running this message board. I have completed the procedure to rid me of the limitations that my VM was causing me for 40 years.

Dr. Levitin did an amazing job at excising the vascular malformation/venous malformation that I had on my left hand. I am about 2 months complete from Case 1, which removed half of the VM, and about 22 days complete from Case 2, which removed the second half of the VM.

I have developed a blog to assist, educate, and commend Dr. Levitin for the work that he accomplished on my hand.

You can find it at

Please feel free to contact me with questions or for a referral for Dr. Levitin. He's a great guy and a fantastic doctor in this field.

ericinfo 07-22-2011 10:06 PM

Here are a couple pics of before and after. The healing is not complete yet. In 6 months I would imagine with the treatment we are giving the site here, that the scars will be very minimal, if not invisible.

I will post a complete AFTER picture in 6 mos.

AFTER SO FAR. 2 Months on the left site. 22 Days so far on the right (thumb) site.

missy 07-22-2011 11:58 PM

That does look much improved. I'll bet you'll be able to post after pictures before six months pass.

dancermom 06-24-2012 12:01 PM

I'm so glad you are doing well
Eric, would you post a link to your story on I think it would help our other members with hand AVMs. Best wishes!