Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum

Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum (
-   CMTC (
-   -   Update (

abatie 07-04-2012 04:50 AM

I thought to myself today that I had not updated here on Becca's last appointment at Mayo and so this is overdue. I am usually the first person to be skeptical of "the wait and see" approach. That being said I am a little more supportive. Becca was diagnosed with three holes in her heart at 6 months old. At that time they told us that they wanted to wait to do surgery until she was 4 or 5. Well when we went back in May the tech. did Becca's echo and then she came back in and said the doctor wanted to talk to us immediately (this is 10:30) and our appointment with him was scheduled at 12:00. As a parent I was feaking out! When he came in he asked about what was going on and then said well none of this is related to her heart. He said, "The holes have closed". I said, "All of them?". He said, "Yes!". We knew there was a chance that the smallest two may close if we were lucky but the cardiologist never even brought up the largest closing because it was just too big. He told us this never happens on holes this size. the doctor said he met with us right away because families shouldn't have to wait for good news! If we would have pushed for surgery earlier she would have had one that wasn't needed. We got a miracle.

KatieG 07-05-2012 12:59 AM

That is great news!

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.