Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum

Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum (
-   Lymphatic Malformations (also known as cystic hygroma and lymphangioma) (
-   -   Doctor near Michigan? (

e.shadows 03-26-2013 02:04 AM

Doctor near Michigan?
Hello, this is my first post, but I've been reading off and on for a while. I have a lymphangioma on my lower left abdomen and have had it since birth. I experienced an infection in the area when I was 11 years old (I'm now 32) and had to have surgery. The sugery was successful in terms of curing the infection and removing the abcess, but it still looks bad and I'd finally like to go and speak with a specialist.

I know that a few here have had some good experiences in California and other areas of the country, but I'd like to see if anyone has had any positive experiences with a specialist in or near Michigan.

I want to finally commit and see what, if anything can be done for me, but I want to get the best treatment. However, I work full time and have a life, so if I can get a good doctor near me, that would make it a lot easier.

Thanks in advance and thanks to those who've put this site and forum together. It would have been very nice to know that there are others who are like me when I was growing up... I thought it was just me.

Thanks again,


missy 03-26-2013 12:06 PM

Hi and welcome!

If you look at HTTP:\\\node\47 then you will find listings there.


e.shadows 03-27-2013 03:26 AM

Hey thank you for the link. I did see the listings, but was hoping someone may have had an experience with one of the doctors on the list... or perhaps ones that aren't that are in the general area.

But this is a good place to start. Thanks again.

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.