Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - new and wanting some advice
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 06:22 AM
nickbar nickbar is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,054

I think you should follow your instincts...what will put your mind at ease? I would recommend asking for a referral to a pediatric derm. or other vascular bmark specialist. They can evaluate the h. closure and know wht testing if any are needed. Some docs don't like to refer patients out...because they often feel you don't trust them or they just know what is best. I had to learn quickly that it isn't about the doctor and his/her is about my child and researching all the opinions/options. . But, in reality it matters what is in your daughter's best interest. It sounds like she has not had any issues related to her hemangioma. right?

If you have any questions please feel free to email me.
Corinne Barinaga
VBF Director of Family Services
vbfadvocate @ live. com (no spaces)

Last edited by nickbar : 02-13-2008 at 06:25 AM.
Reply With Quote