Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Decision to have excision surgery for hemangioma
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 02:25 PM
jmle jmle is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7
Default Decision to have excision surgery for hemangioma

Hi all,
I'm mom to a 8 1/2 month old wonderful little boy who has a h. on his right forearm. In April it began to ulcerate and bleed and we have been taking him to a dermatologist for laser treatments, which were not largely successful in healing his ulcer. We tried to get Regranex in May, but it is still on backorder. Last week we finally made it to a plastic surgeon who agrees that excision is possible for his h. and that it would be beneficial for him to have it. We are scheduled for surgery in 2 weeks. The part we are struggling with is that just this weekend his h. is starting to show signs of healing, although he still grabs at it and cries when we change his clothes. I was just wondering if any of you have had similar experiences and how you've weighed the decision to go ahead with surgery. Anyone regret having surgery? We are in Birmingham, AL.
Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote