Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - After propranolol what does skin look like?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 02:25 AM

Same thing here. My daughter's is on her left eyebrow and it gets puffy from time to time.....In fact she was completely weaned off of propanolol for about a week and her H got a bit puffy and we were worried it was growing again so the doctor had us put her back on 1 dose a day unless we want to do 2. It will depend on how it looks but I think the puffiness is normal. I am like you I'm not sure if it's the skin stretching or re growth. I watched my daughters for a couple of days and I thought it was getting larger but wondered if it was just extra skin. Finally after almost a week I called her doctor and he said to put her back on one or two doses -whatever I felt necessary. She was down to one dose before we weaned her completely off so she seemed fine on one dose so I just put her back on that. But when she does her little 'face krinkle' I notice it more. Not sure. Just wanted to let you know we are seeing the same thing here.
Deep hemangioma on left eyebrow towards nose
Started propanolol Feb. 11th, 2010
Off of propanolol aprox. June 2011
Takes 3 doses per day at 1.3ml
2nd Weaning of prop. not a success back on it March 22. Only one dose of 1.3ml now- 19 months old Did Timolol gel for awhile, stopped, & back on - 4 years old. Off of Timolol -doesn't seem to be doing anything. Surgery was a success!!! April 2014