Teeny tiny acne and involuted Hemagiomas - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo
1994 - 2015
Celebrating 21 years with
80,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Youth and Teen Support

Old 05-05-2015, 06:56 PM
Default Teeny tiny acne and involuted Hemagiomas

This is probably is the most insignificant question to be posted on this board and might not be related to hemangioma. But I'm clueless to figure out who else to ask.

Our almost 12 year has lots of tiny 'pimples' at the front of her nose mainly where her hemangioma appeared when she was 10 days old. Her hemangioma was barely noticeable by kindergarten. We took her to a dermatologist last year the doctor said the hemangioma was done and the bumps were just acne and gave us a handful of sample tubes of adapalene gel. The gel seems to mostly burn the pimples and not really clear them and is violent on her normal skin. Other than the ones on her nose, she seldom gets them elsewhere. Does any one know if what they would be instead of prepubescent pimples? And if so, is there something more we should be doing about them than extremely strong acne medicine?
Thank you in advance,

Photo attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6722.JPG (72.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-06-2015, 04:36 AM

Hi and welcome!

What have you already tried? My suggestion would be to try something more mild on her face and if that didn't work out, then see another doctor. Although, this is a new issue to me....I'm not sure if it's related to the birthmark or not.

You could ask one of the experts, though. Http://birthmarks.org/experts.php. see what they have to say.

Let us know what you find out.