Affordable PWS Treatment - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo
1994 - 2015
Celebrating 21 years with
80,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 01-11-2016, 02:50 AM

Default Affordable PWS Treatment

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a physician that does treatments for an affordable price? Also, if there are any physicians that work with the Medi-Cal program?
Old 01-11-2016, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Hi and welcome!

Does Medi-Cal cover treatments? Which part of California are you in? We can probably help you find someone.

Missy
Old 01-27-2016, 04:47 PM

Hello Missy,

I believe Medi-Cal will cover it. However, I have been unable to find a doctor who is contracted with them. I have been receiving treatments with Dr. Nelson at Beckman Laser Institute since I was a baby, but UC Regents isn't contracted with the Medi-Cal program. I am in Southern California, Orange County area. I am willing to travel for treatment.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Hi neighbor!

I'm in Long Beach, so just over the county line! We have a board member in Los Angeles that might know what you should do. I will contact him today and let you know what he says.

Missy
Old 01-29-2016, 06:50 PM
Administrator

I did hear back from our board member.

I'm not sure which medi-cal plan you are on, but if you do a search on a service like zoc doc, and then call around and speak to the offices about which insurance they accept, I think you can find a dermatologist in Orange Co. Just make sure that you get references and ask what kind of laser they are using, how long they've owned the machine and how much experience they have! From what I understand, that's a huge factor in treatment ... the doctor's experience.

Would you mind if I passed on your name and email address to our board member, Jeff Bergen? He really is better at this than I!

Missy
Old 02-01-2016, 06:14 AM

Smile

Hi Missy,

This sounds like great news! Yes you can go ahead and pass my contact info to your board member, Jeff Bergen. In the meantime, I will try to see what I can come up with using Zoc Doc.

Dylan Horan
dylanjameshoran@gmail.com