Midline and scabbing with pics - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo
1994 - 2015
Celebrating 21 years with
80,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 12:36 AM
TheMan80 TheMan80 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3

Here is a poor rather picture of it (Right after the scab fell off so she was moving around a fair bit).

After a bath she rolled on it and the scab completely fell off causing a lot of pain. But the scab has now reformed.

We see the paediatricion in a couple of weeks for her 6 month checkup. Depending on what he says we will try and get a referral to Dr Tony Moore.

Are there any recommendations for bathing etc? Avoid getting it wet because of the scabbing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg h.jpg (13.6 KB, 0 views)
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:28 PM
mkrzarmomma2 mkrzarmomma2 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Eastern Illinois
Posts: 21

I would not wait a couple of weeks. If you can get in quickly. Im not a doctor or anything, but when my daughters h began to ulcerate it did so very quickly and was very painful. Hers had a scab like your daughter, which eventually broke down and began draining. Make sure to keep it clean because they often get infected which causes even more pain.
Katelyn mommy to two beautiful girls
Maycee Kay-2
Zoie Anna-Born with no birthmark on 12/7/2009. H appeared at 3 weeks of age. Had surgery on 5/10, and is recoveing wonderfully!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:57 PM
leahcole leahcole is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3


Her H has continued to scab in new places and the old scabs heal up and fluff away. We used some ointment that the derm prescribed to us for a few weeks and now we just let them heal on their own. So far...no pain.

They want to do an MRI and I am hesitant to do it but they want to make 100% sure it is not attached to the spine. I know it's better safe than sorry.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:24 PM
leahcole leahcole is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3
Default Last Update

Jesse had both her hemangiomas removed last week. We used Dr Burns out of Medical City Childrens Dallas and they could not have made it easier!!! It was a day surgery and we were home after 3 hours!!

Don't let your pedi tell you that it will go away becuase they don't all go away. After talking to Dr Levetin in New York he encouraged me to get it removed. Pedi's don't have the time to be experts in all areas, even though they mean well.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:27 AM
missy missy is offline
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,794

Well, YAY!! So glad things turned out well for you!

Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump