We are lucky to have a PWS birthmark - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo
1994 - 2015
Celebrating 21 years with
80,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Living with a birthmark - my story

Old 01-07-2016, 04:05 AM

Default We are lucky to have a PWS birthmark

Hello Everyone,

I have a PWS birthmark on the right side of my face. When I was younger it was dark purple color. My brother and sisters does not have any form of marks on them except for me. After 65 laser treatments the color finally got lighter. Now it's light pink color. I used to think how unlucky I was to have a PWS on my face and I wanted to hide in a corner and just slow die.

But now I no longer think that way. Because I had a PWS on my face. It made me a stronger person and love life more than ever. I think I'm so lucky to have PWS on my face.

I have a wonderful family with brother and sisters who loves me. Coming from a Chinese family for that to happen is very impossible, but it's possible for me.

I love going to work every day. I have wonderful coworkers who does not care if I have a birthmark or not. I'm working in a field I love, which is computers. I own my own house and I have a wonderful cat.

I'm confident one day I will find a man who loves me for who I am and does not care if I have a birthmark.

I must say. I live a happy life. When people treat me differently. I just think of the positive things in my life and that will out number how people think of me.

I like to enjoy life and be happy every day. Life is short. Don't let stupid people take that away from you all.

Cheers,
Coco...