Update on Upper Lip Hemangioma- 2yr old - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo
1994 - 2015
Celebrating 21 years with
80,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2015, 05:12 PM
ahcarroll ahcarroll is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 17
Default Update on Upper Lip Hemangioma- 2yr old

Hi everyone- I just wanted to update you on my daughter. When I first posted her story, she was 17 months old. We've been on roller coaster ride of treatments and dr's since she was 2 months old. I am so happy to say that we FINALLY see an end in sight!

We have scheduled our surgery with Dr. Levitin in June!!!! After much praying and searching, we are traveling from NC to NYC to have a de-bulking surgery and some minor reconstructive surgery to Charlotte's upper lip. We are so excited but very nervous. If anyone can offer any advice on traveling to NYC with a toddler for surgery, that would be great!

I want to thank Dr. Linda, Shannon and Corinne for being so kind and so helpful to me and my family. Finding the VBF has been a god send. Before finding the site, my husband and I felt so alone. You have provided hope for us and so many other families and I will forever be grateful.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:43 PM
missy missy is offline
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,794

That's wonderful news! Dr. Levitin is a fantastic doctor and we are so glad we could help.

First advice about traveling with a little one: don't stress! Are you flying? Did you get a hotel room close to the hospital? You will be surprised by how much people will be willing to help you out when you need it.

I'm so excited for you guys!! How is Charlotte holding up?

Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:10 PM
ahcarroll ahcarroll is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 17

Yes. We are flying. We actually decided to go with the furnished apartments that you can rent thru the hospital. They are close to the hospital so we decided that route.
Charlotte is so resilient. She is so happy and has been such a little trooper thru everything. She has taught me so much about life in her short two years.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 02:13 AM
smurph smurph is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 457

Great news!!!! Please keep us posted and let us know how everything goes! I don't have any advice about travelling to NY with a toddler. I do have some pre-surgery advice. In the weeks leading up to the surgery, I would try if at all possible to keep Charlotte away from sick people. I know this might be nearly impossible. Faith's surgery got postponed 2 or 3 times (from Feb. to June) because she kept getting bad colds. It was torture for me! I am not saying this to stress you out...it's just that I know you will be travelling a distance and would hate to see that happen to you. So for like a week before we had Faith's surgery, we didn't do playdates or go to playgrounds or go around any family that we knew was sick. I was paranoid but I just wanted to be as cautious as possible. But since yours is in June you might not even have to worry! Anyways, good luck with everything and definitely stay in touch. Shannon
VBF Hemangioma Forum Moderator
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump