Proud to be someone with hemangioma on nose! - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo
1994 - 2015
Celebrating 21 years with
80,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Living with a birthmark - my story

Old 10-28-2015, 08:37 PM
Smile Proud to be someone with hemangioma on nose!

Dear people,

Last month my and my family's story was written down in a journal for the vascular birthmark foundation in the Netherlands. I was so proud telling my positive story to other people and espacially young parents with babies.

I was born with an hemangioma on the left side of my nose. Had surgery two times in the Netherlands. That time there was no medication for my birthmark.
Nowadays I am a 23 year old adult who teaches the little ones at the Primary School. Living together with my partner and feeling happy, with make-up!

Without my make-up i wouldn't be as proud as I am now. Thanks to The make-up store in Amsterdam.

I would like to communicate with young adults and parents who have questions about living with an hemangioma, wearing make-up with an hemangioma. I'd like to turn the struggles into something positive.
Because everyone with an vascular birthmark can be so beautiful!

Everyone with a birthmark can be beautiful!

Natascha de Jong
The Netherlands (dutch)
Birthmark on nose
Old 11-22-2015, 08:05 AM

Congratulations Natascha on having your story published in a journal! We would love to read your story. Can you send us a copy or a link to the article?

Thank you for sharing your positive attitude and giving hope!

Do you have a copy of Buddy Booby's Birthmark book? It would be a great Read-Along for your Primary School.