Before the Conference
- Register for VBF Conference.
Submit online or paper registration form.
- Get Screened for and Schedule a FREE Laser Treatment on Friday, October 5. Eligible registrants should follow the instructions provided by e-mail to contact Dr. Roy Geronemus’ office to get screened for a free laser treatment on Friday, October 5. Those confirmed for free laser can head downtown to see Dr. G or Dr. Berenstein at the Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York for appointments on Friday, October 5. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility for free laser, please let us know as soon as possible, as slots are almost full.
- Get Screened for and Schedule a FREE Dental Exam on Friday, October 5. Those who indicated an interest in free dental exams were informed last week by email of their appointment time on Friday, October 5.Those confirmed for free dental can head uptown on the A, C, E (or 1,2,3) lines, or by Uber/cab, to see Dr. Darrow at the Columbia University College of Dental Medicine for their appointments on Friday, October 5. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility for a free dental exam, please let us know as soon as possible, as slots are almost full.
- Complete VISA Application (if applicable).
Those needing a VISA to attend the conference are encouraged to complete the VISA process as soon as possible. Let us know if you need a letter to support your VISA application ASAP.
- Book Flights & Plan for Transportation.
Book flights NOW into JFK, Newark, or Leguardia Airports. From most major airports, you can take the Airtrain & subway system into Manhattan, or you can schedule an Uber pick-up or yellow cab ride for about $50 into Manhattan.
- Confirm Hotel Accommodations. Those eligible for a FREE hotel room have all been notified, so please let us know if you have any questions regarding your eligibility. For those eligible, the deadline has passed to extend your stay beyond the 1-night paid for by VBF at your own cost. If you do need to make any changes or have any questions, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Get Medical Records to Bring to Clinic Sessions.
Request any examinations or imaging studies from your current medical team and come prepared with your medical imaging studies on a CD, if possible, to make the most of your clinical session.
- Make Transportation Arrangements.
Book an Uber or Taxi ride to/from the airport, chart your subway trips using Google Transit and stay tuned for more updates on parking arrangements as the event nears.
- Prepare for Day Care.
Pack your infant car seat and/or stroller to check at Daycare in case your child needs to nap, and be sure to include any other items your child will need like extra bottles, pacifiers, special snacks, etc. for our daycare volunteers.
- Review the Conference & Clinic Schedule of Events.
Click here to view a draft itinerary of events for the Conference and Clinic on Saturday, October 6, 2018. Check back for updates a the event approaches!
- Connect with Others Attending the Conference.
Click GOING on our Facebook Event to connect with the 70+ Families attending our VBF Conference in October, or download and search for VBF on BAND app to get updated in real time and connect with others.
Please contact the VBF event team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if we can help in any way.
- Attend FREE Laser Session on Friday, October 5 (if eligible).
Those confirmed for free laser will head downtown in NYC to the Laser & Skin Center of New York for their appointments on Friday, October 5 from 9 – 3 PM.
- Attend FREE Dental Exam on Friday, October 5 (if eligible).
Those confirmed for free laser can head uptown on the A, C, E (or 1,2,3 lines) to the free dental clinic at Columbia University College of Dental Medicine for their appointments on Friday, October 5 from 1-4:30 PM.
- Attend VBF Conference & Clinic on Saturday, October 6.
Our Conference begins bright and early on Saturday at the Lenox Hill Hospital morning with check in at 7:30 AM and breakfast, followed by the conference lectures, lunch and the clinical session to conclude in the afternoon by 6:00 PM. Upon check in, you will receive a folder with your complete afternoon clinical schedule and all other information you’ll need for the day’s events.