The Vascular Birthmarks Foundation
VBF Ends 2017 With Major Milestones
December 6, 2017
2017 has been the most amazing year in VBF history and it would not have been possible without your support. Just look at what we accomplished:
- VBF exceeded well over 100,000 children and adults that were successfully networked into treatment since our establishment in 1994. That’s 10,000 in one year !
- There were over 3 million monthly hits on our websites, as VBF reached people from around the world.
- Four college scholarships were awarded to deserving students who are living with a vascular birthmark, tumor, or related syndrome.
- We had over 40 Day of Awareness events held nationwide to raise money and awareness for VBF, and to share stories of hope.
- Thousands of individuals and families from all over the world participated in our “Put on Your Birthmark” campaign on social media, making it our largest to-date.
- We launched Dr. Linda’s Blog and our Stories of Hope series to share even more medical information and personal stories of comradery with our international community.
- I worked with the AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) to co-host a webinar on vascular birthmarks, and to publish an article concerning the need for early treatment that I co-wrote with the former AAP President and Pediatric Dermatology Chairman. A huge win for our families.
- VBF launched our monthly VBF Facebook Live sessions, where I go LIVE with guest physicians to discuss accurate diagnosis and treatment options. We have reached over 75,000 VBF Facebook Live views this year!
- Our annual Vascular Birthmarks Conference & Clinics in Irvine, California was one of our largest to-date, with over 275 in attendance and over 145 clinic appointments.
- We gifted 70 families with free scholarships to attend our annual conference (a $500 per family value).
- VBF received its BBB (Better Business Bureau) 5-star rating and Guidestar Silver rating, formalizing our continued commitment to transparency and being good stewards of every donation.
- VBF launched the first ever multi-disciplinary online course in vascular anomalies called, “A Foundation in Vascular Anomalies” to offer continuing medical education credit to medical professionals around the world on the latest in research and treatment methods.
In order to continue with our critical work, we need your financial support. I’m hoping that you will pick VBF for your end-of-year donation; which is tax deductible. Most importantly, your donation will change the life of a child or adult affected by a vascular birthmark.
Just click on our GIVE2VBF link to make your end-of-year donation or you can mail it to VBF, PO Box 106, Latham, NY 12110.
Thank you for thinking of VBF this giving season. Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, President and Founder
Along with the board and staff of VBF