The Vascular Birthmarks Foundation (VBF) is committed to providing a safe environment for all visitors to our website. We respect your privacy, and would like you to know what is done with any information collected during your visit to our site.
Visiting and interacting with birthmark.org
All personal information such as name, age, phone number or mailing address must be provided voluntarily by visitors to our websites. All personal data collected by VBF is securely stored and will be used solely for identification and/or purposes stated when the information is requested.
This data may be collected for event registrations or online giving programs and may be collected from physicians, patients, and parents for the specific, stated purpose.
VBF will not sell, distribute or otherwise make available to third parties any information we collect on this site, unless it is necessary to process a financial transaction. In that case, your information must be shared with our merchant account processor to clear the Address Verification Service.
Children, as always, are encouraged to check with their parents before providing any information on any website they visit.Opting out of bulk communications
VBF sends bulk newsletters via email. You may opt out of receiving these by:
1. Clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each of these communications and filling in your email address, or
2. Sending an email to email@example.com with the name and corresponding email address to opt out, or
3. Writing to: VBF, PO Box 106, Latham, NY 12110 and include your contact details and the email address you would like removed from our bulk email list.
After opting out of our bulk newsletters, VBF may still communicate with you by email to send business enhancing communications such as receipts, registration confirmations, and any other communications that VBF deems necessary to conduct business. It may take up to one week for your opt out to become effective.Sensitive Medical Information
The Vascular Birthmarks Foundation does, by its nature, sometimes become aware of sensitive medical information through contact. This information is used internally and not sold, shared, or rented by the VBF. Any photographs, drawings, descriptions, or other visual means of representation of medical conditions remain the property of the patient and will not be displayed on this web site without permission from the owners or guardians. Please see our HIPAA Notice of Information Practices and Privacy Statement to find out more about how we use your information.
Because your privacy is important to us, VBF conducts its business under the following principles:
- Principle 1: No Combination of Browsing and Web Traffic Information with Personal Information VBF does not combine traffic analysis information with personal information such as name, age, phone number or mailing address.
- Principle 2: No Aggregation of Individual Visitor Traffic Patterns across Multiple Sites VBF does not collect individual profile information for visitors across multiple sites and does not aggregate information from any other sources on browsing patterns of individual visitors across multiple sites.
- Principle 3: Use of Anonymous IP Address IP addresses are recorded by every site on the Internet. VBF collects this information as well, but does so exclusively for the following uses: (1) anonymous statistical purposes; or (2) administration of our websites and servers, and to improve our services. VBF aggregates information from all of its visitors into log files in order to measure the total number of visitors to the websites and how many visit each web page. This helps VBF learn which areas are most popular for expansion, and which are least popular for reduction or elimination.
- Principle 7: No Individual Profiling VBF does not create individual profiles for visitors. Unlike other tracking services, we do not have a database of individual profiles for each visitor. VBF collects data in aggregate form and data is not recorded or stored for individual visitors.
- QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, opt-out of e-mail correspondence, register a complaint, or simply want more information, please contact us:
- Vascular Birthmarks Foundation PO Box 106, Latham, NY 12110
VBF makes every effort to ensure that the content of the website is accurate and up-to-date, but VBF does not offer any warranties (whether express, implied or otherwise) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information appearing on the website.VBF may remove material from the website at its own discretion and without giving any notice.2. Intellectual Property
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in the content, software and all HTML and other code contained in this website shall remain at all times vested in VBF and/or its licensors and is protected by copyright and other laws and international treaty provisions.Users may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, redistribute, reproduce, publish, license, commercially exploit, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any material that may be displayed on the website from time to time without first obtaining written permission to do so from VBF.
The website and its contents are copyright material; the copyright is owned by VBF unless stated otherwise. Without limiting the foregoing, copying the above listed materials to any other server or location for publication, reproduction or distribution is expressly prohibited.
All trademarks appearing on the website are either owned by VBF or VBF has obtained permission from the trademark owner for use on the website.
If you wish to obtain permission to make use of any of the trademarks or other material that may be displayed on the website from time to time, please contact the VBF website administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Prohibition on Commercial Use of Website Content
You are permitted to use the material that is displayed on the website from time to time only as expressly authorized by VBF or its licensors.This website is intended to provide information relating to VBF concerns and is designed for personal, non-commercial use only.
Users may not use this website, or any of the material appearing on the website from time to time, to further any commercial purpose, including (but not limited to) advertising or to promote or generate activity on any other website.4. Linking
If you wish to create a hyperlink to this website or to any other website operated or maintained by VBF, please contact the VBF website administrator at email@example.com. VBF generally welcomes links to its websites. However, by so linking, you agree that VBF may require the link to be removed if, in VBF’s sole opinion, any aspect of the linking website, its content or any other matter relating to the link is objectionable to VBF.5. Limitation of Liability
The Internet is by its nature an unreliable medium. Consequently, you accept that this website is offered on an “as is” and “as available” basis.VBF takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the website is properly functioning at all times, but does not warrant that this website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes it available are free of software viruses or bugs or other defects.
You agree that VBF is not liable for the actions of its employees, nor is any individual staff member liable for the actions of VBF.
VBF will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of VBF only if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of VBF, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
VBF may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with its partners only to show trends about the general use of its services.
The data that we keep on visitors is given voluntarily. Whenever a visitor interacts with birthmark.org, some data is gathered. The following information makes clear what data is kept, where it is kept, when it is deleted, who is in control of the data, and how to find out what data we may have about you, so that it can be updated or deleted.
Whenever you fill out an informational form at birthmark.org, the information you put in is retained. All forms will include your name, address, email address, and phone number. Information that you do not input yourself may include the date the form was submitted, the time it was submitted, and the date and time that may be updated upon submission.
If you use the “Ask the Expert” feature of this website, you voluntarily supply a lot of sensitive medical data and consent to our HIPAA Policy. We will also retain the patient’s name, your question, and any photographs you provide. Only these items are shared with the VBF physician so that they may answer your question, but they do NOT have access to your name, address, or phone number. Please see our HIPAA Notice of Information Practices and Privacy Statement to find out more about how we use your information.
If you make a financial contribution or gift to VBF or register for a VBF-sponsored event, we will gather your name, address, phone number, and email address and those must be sent to our merchant account processor to process any payments. We do NOT have access to your credit card details at any point in the transaction, as they are sent to the credit card processor and not retained in our database. Please refer to Paypal.com.
If you register for one of our conferences, you voluntarily supply a lot of sensitive medical data and consent to our HIPAA Policy. That data is only used in conjunction with its stated purpose. Please see our HIPAA Notice of Information Practices and Privacy Statement to find out more about how we use your information.
The Vascular Birthmarks Foundation uses the highest available encryption standards throughout the website so that your information is encrypted as it travels from you to us.
If you have any questions, or if you would like to inquire about your specific data, please contact us.