Changing Lives – One Mark at a Time JOIN THE AWARENESS MOVEMENT! The VBF International Month of Awareness for Vascular Birthmarks is in May, and our Day of Awareness is May 15, both marked by Congressional Resolution. Every birthmark tells a story. If you, your child, a family member, or friend has been affected by a vascular birthmark, let others know how it impacted your life. Join the movement as people around the world promote acceptance of birthmarks and raise funds to help bring those who need treatment together with the experts who can help them.Here’s how you can join the movement-
- Sign the VBF Anti-Bullying Pledge. By standing together against bullying, we can make a difference.
- Join our #PutOnYourBirthmark social media challenge or post our logo to your social accounts to get the word out about our awareness movement.
- Organize a dinner, car show, golf outing, bowling event, poker night, or any other awareness event. Whatever you like to do will work as an awareness event! Invite your friends and family to join together with you to raise awareness for our community.
- Run for #TeamVBF at the Purple Polka Dot Race in Michigan. Or, run for VBF at a local race near you. You can even set up your very own run / walk sponsored event, or just organize a stroller-friendly walk through your local neighborhood with family and friends.
- Raise awareness while eating out with your friends and family. Many restaurants, like CPK, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Chipotle, will donate a portion of sales to charity. Find out which restaurants in your area participate by using the interactive map on GroupRaise.com. You can even book the restaurant directly from their site.
- Host a Buddy Booby Read Along #IReadBuddy. Buddy is VBF’s official mascot with a port wine stain on his beak.
- Tell your story. If you, your child, a family member, or a friend has been affected by a vascular birthmark, let others know how it impacted your life.
- Need more ideas? Check here or contact us today.
Whatever action you take – on whatever day – is an important step towards raising awareness for vascular birthmarks.Are you ready to join us? Explore these webpages and contact us today to join the movement.
As a non-profit, we rely on donations to support our awareness mission. Make a gift today to help our families and raise awareness.